[3830] WPX SSB LU1MA M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, odperalta@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB LU1MA M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 07:36:40 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: LU1MA
Operator(s): LU9MBY LU3MAM LU7MCJ LU9MDH
Station: LU1MA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Mendoza
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:   75
   20:  994
   15: 1054
   10: 1272
------------

Club: LU Contest Group

Comments:

This was our second contest together as LU1MA. The radio station is located in a
beautiful place called Vistalba. ItÂ's about 15km SW of the capital Mendoza.
This year we improved a little more the station adding a 3 element yagi for 40m
beaming to Europe.
Beside, we get new tubes for the Gonset amplifier and we add a Dentron
Clipperton L.

Talking about the contest I can say that we started running on 15m and doing
mults on 20m. We had a very good rate the first three hours. After that, we
decided to run on 40m but the band was crowded and was very difficult to make a
contact. We decided to run on 20m and mults on 40m.
The first day finished with almost 2000 contacts and we thought that probably,
we would reach 4000 contacts next day.
Sunday was not very good, we had bad rates on 20m and 15m. Only 10m was
acceptable.
To summarize our participation in this WPX:
CALLSIGN: LU1MA
CLUB: LU Contest Group
CONTEST: CQ-WPX-SSB
CATEGORY: MULTI-ONE ALL HIGH SSB
CLAIMED-SCORE: 12706500
OPERATORS: LU9MBY â?" LU3MAM â?" LU7MCJ â?" LU9MDH
NAME: Cuyo Radio Club

Band    QSOs    Pts  WPX
     7      75     342   71
    14     994    2848  406
    21    1054    2998  460
    28    1272    3662  353
 Total    3395    9850 1290

We learn that we must improve the station for 40m, 80m and 160m if we want to
be more competitive in the next contest.
Finally we would like to thank to the administration of Cuyo Radio Club for the
support and for trust in our job.
See you next year

LU9MBY â?" LU7MCJ â?" LU9MDH â?" LU3MAM