[3830] ES HF ES7GM SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ES HF ES7GM SO SSB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 10:30:37 -0700
                    ES Open HF Championship

Call: ES7GM
Operator(s): ES7GM
Station: ES7GM

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: KO28TI
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   0        0      197       9
   40:   0        0      190       9
Total:   0        0      387      18  Total Score = 6,894

Club: Viljandi RC

Comments:

This was the first contest in my life where I was able to use 100% of my setup.
Usually a day or two before any contest I'm able to burn or just destroy some
pieces of my setup. But not this time. I guess I was being lucky.

But still..... At the start I was making the same tempo with the leaders and
then things started to happen :). As new period started I couldn't start new
period in new Win-Test window. Still wondering why. And then Win-Test crashed
hard. (after new boot I continued with the one I started with and didn't have
any dupecheck til the end). Anyway my 40m antenna was too close to the MK2R,
all the sudden MK2R crashed as well. I had to boot up everything again and I
lost about 10 minutes because for some reason I had to make new setup between
MK2R and Win-Test. Still wondering why. Finally got everything back to work
again but I only had one problem. I couldn't use my autoCQ on Radio1. I was
struggeling about 30 minutes when I realised I'm the stupidest guy on Earth. I
forgot to set Radio1 "bits per second" to 19200. It was on default (9600). By
that time I was already way behind and then I started to push as hard as I
could.

Anyway. It was great contest and had lots of fun again in this year!
ES7GM Kristjan.