[3830] MiQP N0IJ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP N0IJ Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 11:46:27 -0700
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: N0IJ
Operator(s): N0IJ
Station: N0IJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   32     55
   40:   77     90
   20:
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  109    145  CW Mults = 57  Ph Mults = 54  Total Score = 40,293

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Fun contest as always, but too bad I had a brain fade and adjusted the
difference from EDST to CDST the wrong way and didn't get to my remote station
until it was too late!  Lost almost 2 full hours.

Last year, it was easy to keep track of the competition--mainly N4PN, as we
were on the same 40 meter guys all day.  This year, it was like two different
contests.  I never heard the leaders until near the end--never!  Also, last
year there was activity on 80 during the day, so the total lack of 20 meter
propagation for us in close guys wasn't so serious.  This year, from far NW
Wisconsin, it was a one band contest until it got nearly dark, and 80 came to
life (a bit).  Obviously, 20 was pretty good for those far enough away, so the
very few active mobiles spent a lot of time there, and there were periods of
pretty quiet activity.  I had K8MR 33 times last year, and only(!) 21 this
year.  Jim does an incredible job and is a joy to listen to.  Being a mobile
contester myself, listening to his dexterity is pretty cool.  The other Jim,
K8IR, also does very well, and even though, the path to the UP seems to be not
so hot on 40 early, we managed 10 Q's.  N9JF was in 5 times and W8FSM 1 to
complete the mobile activity!  Missed NE9U this year. A few more mobiles in the
LP would surely be a plus for this contest.  The fixed activity was excellent
and the multiple K6JSS guys did a great job--especially as they were all QRP.

All in all, a neat event and big thanks to the MRRC guys for their efforts.

73,
John, N0IJ