[3830] FlQP KU8E SOABMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP KU8E SOABMixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 19:14:04 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   40:   89     65
   20:   30      3
   15:    1      0
   10:    1      0
--------------------
Total:  121     68  CW Mults = 52  Ph Mults = 35  Total Score = 26,970

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

It was a real bummer not to go out rovering in FQP this year. K4BAI was out of
town at a convention for work in Orlando (he was actually driving home with his
wife on Saturday in FL with no radio) so we had to skip this year. I was
thinking about going out myself but have some problems with the car we use to
go mobiling in and didn't want to risk breaking down somewhere. I didn't think
my wife wanted me to setup a radio in our new minivan so I stayed home.

It was very frustrating to hear all the big pileups on 20 CW and not hear any
of the mobiles. I think I worked N4EEB,K4KG and N4TO only once on 20 CW.

Pretty much everything was scatter on 20 meters and above. I worked N4BP on 15
CW and W4LT on 10 CW. Heard a beacon in Orlando on 10 meters (maybe some
E-skip) but no one in FL was on. No much activity on 40 meters until maybe 4PM
in the afternoon each day. I had some short runs on 40 SSB to FL when probably
everyone else was on 20 CW chasing rovers.

Like my fellow contesters in GA mentioned the FQP is not very fun from here.
Looking forward geting back to going out rovering again next year...

Jeff  KU8E