[3830] FlQP W8MJ M/SMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP W8MJ M/SMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 18:26:33 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: W8MJ
Operator(s): W8MJ + PACKET
Station: W8MJ

Class: M/SMixed LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

   40:  114     30
   20:  336    340
   15:    2
   10:
--------------------
Total:  452    370  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 66  Total Score = 338,884

Club:

Comments:

This years FQP was interesting.  Interesting in the fact that after 10 years
operating in the out of state signal operator mixed category, I decided it was
time for someone new to be at the top, and for someone else to go out and win
that category.  So who will the winner be someone new or someone from the past?
 Only next yearâ??s results will tell the story, until then congratulations to
the new winner to be announced.  I decided to run M/S assisted with packet.
With the recent band conditions, I am sure like everyone else we were thinking
15 and maybe even some 10-meter activity.  Wow!!! What a let down that wasâ?¦.
the conditions were such that 20 meters was the band only from here in Michigan
and I am sure elsewhere as well.  I had 2 contacts on 15 with fixed stations and
that was a struggle with WJ9B and N4BP.  Thatâ??s it nothing else on 15 the
whole weekend.  20 meters played extremely well both days.  The first day it
played good up to 2200Z and then it got a little dicey here.  Signals were way
down on the mobiles and so it forced me to 40 meters.  20 did come back later
on in the evening.  It played good all day on Sunday, and thinking 15 would
open up, I kept checking it to see, but to no avail. Only the two stations I
mentioned earlier.

The mobile activity again was extremely good I thought.  Koo-Doos are in order
big time for the stations that switched from CW to SSB to work both modes.
Hats off to K4KG and K1XX mobiles for switching back and forth.  Great job, and
thanks for all the qsoâ??s, they were much appreciated and needed.  Also, all of
the mobiles did a great job.  They are really the heart of FQP.  They make it
happen over and over again.  The activity was just tremendous.  There is never
a dul moment chasing the mobiles.  This year was probably my best year in
working the most mobile contacts.  Missed some usual mobile calls this year
W4AN, N4PN, and W1NN. Hopefully you guys will be back next year.  Koo-Doos goes
out to NF4A as well, thanks Charlie for getting in the mobile and going to CAH
and LIB to give me new counties on phone, and for working both CW and SSB for
all of us.

Overall another great year as it always seems in FQPâ?¦. a lot of great
activity and great operators.  Thanks for all the qsoâ??s from everyone.
Thanks for being there for us out of state stations.  It was of course nice to
get the sweep once again, that makes 11 years in row.  Missed the sweep on SSB
by one OSCEOLA.  Not for a lack of trying.  Kept calling for OSCEOLA in my CQ
but to no avail.  Was hoping the K1XX team could make it to OSC their last
county on the schedule, but they ran out of clock.  Charlie and Marty you did a
great job, thanks for being there.

Congrats to my friend Keith, WA3HAE for getting the double sweep.  Nice job OM,
another great performance from you as usual.

Following is the break down of the number of times mobiles were worked.  My
apologies if I left someone out accidentally, but this will certainly give you
an idea on how much a roll the mobiles play in this contest.  57% of my log is
mobile contacts, 481 out of 822.

K4KG 90, K1XX 70, N4TO 49, K4OJ 36, N4EEB 36, NX4N 29, N4AO 26, KN4Y 23, K4Q
21, W4WQ 17, N3AWS 14, K1KNQ 12, K2CIB 11, AD4ES 10, K4XS 9,
KC4HW 8, NF4A 5, W3EEE 3, N8COP 3, KJ4ERZ 3, K4LJP 2, NZ4CJ 2, K4P 2.

Great Job!!!!  Ken W8MJ