[3830] NewEngQP N1DC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1dc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP N1DC Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 08:05:13 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Braintree MA  (EMA)
Operating Time (hrs): 9

   80:     83
   40:    176
   20:    178
   15:     39
   10:
------------------------
Total:    477       0  Mults = 66  Total Score = 62,832

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Tom and all the NEQP organizers and award sponsors for another fun
event. I had very limited time on Sunday due to mother's day (didn't get
started until 4:30 PM EDT). I would like to lobby for a permanent move away
from mother's day weekend going forward.

I was on pace to set a new Norfolk county record and perhaps a repeat of the
SOLP MA and New England wins from 2010. I came close to last year's score with
a lot less hours. It will be interesting to see how the score holds up.

I was hoping for better conditions on 10/15 this year. What happened to the
sunspots?  Surprisingly, 15M sounded very quiet on Sunday around 2200, but
calling CQ provided about 15 QSO's including several S9+ west coast stations.
Never heard anything on 10M, but wished I could have tried mid-day Sunday.

Saw the rate meter hit 154 for the first time. I worked 5 stations during the
same minute at one point. Great fun trying to pick out calls in the QRM. Thanks
for all the QSOs and extra effort by many DX stations calling through QRM.

Station:  TenTec Omni 7 running 100W  Antennas: 10/15/20 4 element @ 35ft,
80/40M dipoles @ 40 ft   Computer:  HP Pavillion running CT  (Maybe the last
contest for this old workhorse)

73 de Rick   N1DC   Braintree MA   member YCCC