[3830] WPX CW KT8K SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt8k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KT8K SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 17:50:28 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: EN82cg SE Lower MI
Operating Time (hrs): 25.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   65
   40:  127
   20:  213
   15:   74
   10:   11
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Man - that was tough.  The first three hours, the last hour, and one hour
Saturday afternoon (~2000Z) were my best.  While 15 was open a good bit, all
the bands were dull and unresponsible both mornings - almost no opening to Eu
for me either morning.  The late afternoons took up a lot of the slack, though,
with nice openings to Eu.  I should have slept in the mornings this time instead
of searching for that opening.  All in all I had a great time in spite of the
pain in my back (and everywhere else), which made me get up and leave the shack
with increasing frequency as the contest progressed.  I guess even if I get my
sleep schedule under control, the pain of sitting in one spot too long will
make me a contesting part-timer eventually.  Maybe it's time to look for a
contest team to join ...

Thanks to all who were patient with my tiny signal, and had me repeat over and
over until they were sure they had my exchange right.  I am very grateful for
all who contacted me.  Maybe someday I'll be able to make my signal a bit more
audible with the big tower I dream of (and sing about) ...
(http://www.youtube.com/themandolinmaniac#p/u/9/uNWZjzrzgwA)

73 all & C U in the next big one!  Best rx de kt8k - Tim