[3830] WPX CW PX2W M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, py2yu@terra.com.br
Subject: [3830] WPX CW PX2W M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 06:55:31 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: PX2W
Operator(s): PY2EYE, PY2NA, PY2NDX, PY2YU, PY2ZEA (OH2MM)
Station: PX2W

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Sao Miguel Arcanjo
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    0
   80:   47
   40:  781
   20:  898
   15: 1151
   10:  934
------------

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

This was an operation in a rural area in the state of Sao Paulo. The reception
on all bands was superb - no urban noise. And no neighbours complaining TVI.

The electricity was a bit weak. Thus, there was a "natural" limit of power
making QRO impossible. We just used 500 to 800 watts, well below the national
limit of 1 kW.

This site is a ranch on owned by PY2EYE and his sons, PY2YU and PY2NDX.
Most of the previous PX2W operations have also taken place there.

The flexibility of our M/S was limited by the small number of antennas. But it
was much fun - despite the relatively poor propagation. We are satisfied with
our score.

Another attraction of the site was the delicious barbeque, "Churrasco",
prepared daily by the Master Cooks PY2EYE PY2NA and PY2NDX. Quality of life,
that is !

Our two stations were as follows:

ANT:  TH7 up 20 m.
      5 el monobander for 28 MHz up 14 m.
      2 el yagi for 7 MHz up 18 m.
      Dipole for 3.5 MHz, up 15 m.

RIG: Run stn: Kenwood TS-850 + Amp 800 W
     S&P stn: Kenwood TS-850 + Amp 500 W

Program: N1MM

73, the PX2W team