[3830] WPX CW W4KAZ SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kazeringue@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W4KAZ SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 15:49:32 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W4KAZ
Operator(s): W4KAZ
Station: W4KAZ

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   10
   40:  132
   20:  208
   15:   15
   10:    1
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Murphy rules.  An already casual game plan turned into a super double extra
special casual, casual plan.

A "gi-normous" thunderstorm deluge popped up Friday afternoon at the QTH before
the contest.  That washed away plans to do some neglected antenna maintenance,
as well as a good deal of landscaping, and a few more tree limbs.  So despite
the weekend being free, I wound up operating less than I might have otherwise.

Stayed away from the radio until almost 0400z on Friday, spun the dial, and
called it a night with about 13 Q's logged.  Wooo-hooo.

Saturday conditions on 20m really stunk after sleeping late and missing any
morning opening. Bopped in and out of the shack for S&P, waiting for
good/better conditions that never really showed up. 40m sounded good Saturday
evening, but not enough to convince me to run for more than a half hour. Worked
A73A early on 40m[I hope they copied my nr....They were strong here but I'm
certain a good QSO will be possible only because of a good op on their side] A
few Q's on 80m and hit the sack with less than 200 Q's.

Conditions were much better here on 20m Sunday, and the brief visits to the
shack produced several short runs. The main 15m/10m antenna was already on the
to-be-repaired list, so not much fun on 15m.

Normally not much interested in the use of spots, but I operated assisted so I
could watch the skimmer server in action and field test the connections.
Interesting.

Seemed to be copying a bit better than normal, but I expect that is just
wishful thinking soon to be rectified by the log checking process. :o

73 es tnx fer fills de w4kaz