[3830] WPX CW VE6TL SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VE6TL SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 17:12:12 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  212
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Knew I was leaving on vacation Saturday morning so thought I would just do a few
hours to add to the QRM.  And, of course, the hockey game was on, so had to
watch that before I got started on Friday night.  With a 3 hour headstart, I
heard stations already in the 200s when I made my first Q.  Condx weren't too
bad at first, but then the solar wind hit and the DX just disappeared.  In the
previous nights and weeks I was working lots of Europe over the pole, but it
all pretty much went away.  Managed the odd VK and ZL and then everything
disappeared around midnight (local).  On Saturday morning, hardly a signal,
except for W6, W7 and W0.  So I packed it up and went on my vacation.  Was
supposed to be gone a week and hoping to make it down to Yellowstone Park.  It
rained the entire time in Montana and they closed the park due to snow and bad
roads.  Never made it.  Guess it wasn't a weekend for contesting or
vacationing.  By the time I made it back to Calgary, it was sunny and warm.
And full of mosquitoes from the 2 weeks of solid rain!

Jerry VE6TL
FTDX-5000MP and FL-7000AMP to TH6DXX tirbander at 40'.