[3830] WPX CW CR2X(OH2PM) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pertti.simovaara@pp1.inet.fi
Subject: [3830] WPX CW CR2X(OH2PM) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 05:17:45 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: CR2X
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: CR2X

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Sao Miguel
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:    0
   80:  256
   40:  940
   20: 1302
   15: 1280
   10:   14
------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

I was just reading the comments of my fellow competitors. There is nothing more
to be said about the conditions. I really loved Tines comment " things can
never be so bad that they could not be worse". The above is my story in short.

If you like the longer version, also to be discused in club meetings   with
many adviced from the fellow contesters(who gave up long ago), is the following
if you like.
I made my detailed plans some time ago when the  higher bands improved day by
day. The strategy was to encourage the oprator to accept lower rates on low
bands to maximise QSO point ccount, proven by simple maths. The goal was over
13 M points, with a good marging to EU record. I am in no good terms with Mr
Murphy, he ruineed my strategy.  I missed a few hundred QSOs on 80 and 40 on on
the second night when the RX relay began breaking. First I swapped the radio to
a spare one and installed  CW filters to the repacement radio. An unplanned
break took one hour at the prime time.
The quick fix did not help, meaning that the problem was in the amplifier
relay. There was no means available for a quick fix for that.
All the the second day I was kicking the foot switch several times during
almost each QSO to gat the antenna on. People may have thought that this guy
must be very tired or even drunken because he does not copy anything at on
time.
Finally: I envy those few single operators who beated me in  prefix count by
about 100, reaching almost the level of the best M/S stations.

Quoting Tine, S50A in reverse: It is never so good that someone would not
improve it next year.
It was a greaat fun, see you in contests again.
Pertti