[3830] ARRL June VHF VE1SKY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve1sky@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF VE1SKY Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 20:00:42 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  58     46  Total Score = 2,668

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Always a good contest, but conditions were brutal this year in Eastern Canada.
The Es just didn't show on Saturday, my run rate was 4 QSOs/day  :0)

Sunday was better, but the Maritimes were on the Es fringe at the best of
times.

Highlights of this year's test included random meteor scatter FSK441 Qs with
W4NH and K1JT.  I only did two skeds this year, but was happy to work the Grid
Pirates K8GP and Jay, NY2NY.   Sunday afternoon when no other stations could be
heard, I switched from SSB and CW to ISCAT for a fast 6m LD Q with W5UWB. These
QSOs kept things interesting when 6, 2 and 70 cm were virtually dead.

Some double hop to XE, ZF and NM and AZ were sprinkled into a day of maximum
run rates of 12/hr.

It was great to bump into the Ping Jockey crowd on SSB.  I think I worked 10
meteor scatter regulars on 6m phone today.

Let's hope Nova Scotia gets the July Es in the CQ test.  Thanks for those that
worked VE1SKY.

73,
Roger, VE1SKY FN74