[3830] ARRL June VHF K8MFO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K8MFO Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 20:07:11 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  350   147  Total Score = 51,450

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

Some people do things the hard way, and Iâ??m one of them!    My operation was
on 6 meters, and CW ONLY!     I can remember the days when you would be lucky
to make 50, or even 25 QSOs on 6 meters in a  VHF Contest.    Things have
changed for the BETTER!

While there was very little action from the East Coast, it was great to see
some fantastic openings to the West Coast on Saturday, and the â??heartlandâ??
on Sunday.    Iâ??m sure Iâ??ve never worked as many W6 stations on 6 meters
before.     There was a good sprinkling  of 7 and 5 call area stations on
Sunday to keep things interesting.

About all we lacked was an opening to Europe.    That would have been the
frosting on the cake, but I guess we canâ??t have everything.

The East Lansing DX Club call W8NJ was in the hands of Dave â?" KC8CC, who put
on a Rover operation from the northern Minnesota area.    Originally he was
going to do the operation in northern Ontario, but the cold weather on the
northern shores of Lake Superior was a bit tough on someone who now lives in
Arizona.   Anyway, he had fun too.

There was some very fine CW on the Magic Band this weekend.    I surely enjoyed
all the action!

Elecraft K-3     T E Systems 300 watt brick     7 element Ariane Arrays YAGI at
54 feet

73
Don K8MFO