[3830] ARRL June VHF KK6MC/R Unlimited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesduffey@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KK6MC/R Unlimited Rover LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:06:45 -0700

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  343   131  Total Score = 46,112

Club: New Mexico Big River Contesters

Comments:

QSOs by Activated Grid:

Grid    QSOs    Grid    QSOs    Grid    QSOs
DM56    50      DM65    58      DM74    48
DM75    23      DM76    55      DM55    86
DM64    23

Good and consistent conditions on Saturday. Great conditions on Sunday. Only
heard XE2K as DX and by the time we had the car stopped and the beam turned he
was gone. Such is the life of a rover with directional antennas. Not much
double-hop heard. Lots of CW, but like me, many went down to CW when the band
was dying or they had worked everything else. I made lots of cross mode
contacts when QSB made my SSB signal difficult to copy. This works well. All of
the activity on 6M decreased the activity on the higher bands. I think that the
cost per 1296 QSO is below 20 now.:^)=

I stayed at home on Saturday night and used home power for the rover, so I am
in the Unlimited Rover category. I figured that I may as well do this and enter
in the unlimited category before it goes away. With this entry I have entered in
all three rover classes, a distinction I don't think is shared by anyone else.

Thanks to Virginia for driving. Operating in motion is a big advantage in
roving.

6M              TS2000X               100W  2 ele Stressed Moxon
2M              TS2000X                       100W  6 ele WA5VJB
1.35M   XV222/KLM amp   120W  6 ele WA5VJB
0.7M    TS2000X                50W 10 element WA5VJB
0.23M   TS2000X                10W 11 element WA5VJB

2006 Honda CRV, 23.5 mpg, $3.59 per gallon