[3830] TBDC N9ADG Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N9ADG Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 11:26:12 -0700
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Summer

Call: N9ADG
Operator(s): N9ADG
Station: N9ADG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Preston, WA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 25  Total Score = 55

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Just for fun, started at 1500z with a few CQ's for about 1/2 an hour -- I had
the band to myself! Wasn't able to work anyone, not even any of the locals.

Started again at about 0300z; The band was nice and quiet... moreso even than
most nights in winter. I wasn't even hearing the 250 yard away neighbor's
plasma TV (Note to self: Maybe I should go walk the beverages) and was hearing
K1LT, N8VW... but despite repeated attempts was unable to work them. They
disappeared about 45 minutes later, but I was able to work NM3O for my farthest
Q.  Heard K2RD(?) calling for DX in the window, but didn't hear him working
anything.

I did hear KV4FZ, and called a few times, but recall that even when he's
booming in here, his QRN makes hearing me difficult... so I didn't try too
hard.

A week of working too much, staying up too late, and the overwhelming allure of
sleep caused me to fold at about 0550z. I really really wanted to check the
bands again... but that only happened in my dreams.

That was some welcome fun -- we should do that again.

-Brian N9ADG