[3830] All Asian CW NH2T(N2NL) SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW NH2T(N2NL) SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 00:01:24 -0700
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: NH2T
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Guam
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  182    80
-------------------
Total:  182    80  Total Score = 27,360

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This is always a fun contest from here.  I arrived back on Guam exactly one year
ago this weekend - which is why I didn't participate last year.  Unfortunately,
the work situation has been hectic so I couldn't put in many hours, so I chose
single band 10.

Generally, conditions are usually solid into Japan on 10 for a few hours a day
regardless of SFI, however Saturday was a struggle with weak openings.  The
band was wide open to BY, but after working the 4 or 5 guys QRV from there, all
it served was to cover the weak JA callers with splatter and the other crud from
the illegal "CBers" and "Taxi drivers". Even JH4UYB was weak. There were many
times I used auto CQ and went 10-15 minutes without a caller.

Finally, Sunday evening I got a good solid JA opening which was fun.

Almost more fun was running quickly through all the bands the first night to
hand out the KH2 mult.  From 15m through 160m, in one hour I worked almost as
many as I did all weekend on 10.  Good signals on 160 - I should have picked
that band instead.

73, Dave KH2/N2NL