[3830] ARRL FD VA7ST 1E QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD VA7ST 1E QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 11:33:53 -0700

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  151     0       0  Total Score = 1,660

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Gear:

* FT920 throttled down to virtually nothing out
* Tribander and 40M dipole at 27', fixed at 130 degrees
  (to cover as much of NA as possilble, incl. W6, with no rotator)
* 2 x 30AH batteries in parallel

Big thanks to everyone who heard me and stayed with me to get the exchange.
Definitely a peanut whistle at this end.

Score includes 150 bonus points for W1AW message and posting via the online
form.

Had a good time, with better results than last year. 40M was harder to make
contacts on than in 2010 -- quite a bit of static crashing that might not have
affected non-QRPers but sure did bury me. 80M with the twin vertical array
produced a handful of contacts, up from zero last year. 15M was very nice this
year.

QRP is tough sledding. I think I have had my fill :) Next year, more batteries
and a bit more power (like a whopping 20W instead of 3 or 4W), or the same
batteries, more power and less time.

Hope to hear lots of stations in the RAC Canada Day contest starting at 0000z
Thursday night and running through Friday. I'll be running CW and looking
forward to it.

73

-- Bud VA7ST

http://www.orcadxcc.org