[3830] ARRL FD K4QPL 1E LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K4QPL@NC.RR.COM
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K4QPL 1E LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 14:03:33 -0700

  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Bonus points not included in Total Score. As usual this was mainly a cw event
but we played with the other modes for a few minutes when things slowed down.
That quickly reminded us why we like cw. Low bands noisy and affected 80M most.
A bit better prop on 15 and 10 than last year.

Alan and Jim took a year off from heat, bugs, dirt, and physical exhaustion
after several years of erecting multiple towers, countless wires and enduring
assaults by Murphy to help produce the high scoring K4M FD event. This year
about all we had to do in 1E was keep gas in the generator. Wow, does Sunday
afternoon feel great.

Thanks to all the "A" stations, their operators and support crews (sometimes
one and the same) for all the Q's. We feel your pain. (Well, actually we
don't!)

Next year? We'll probably be out there again to endure heat, bugs, dirt,
physical exhaustion and Murphy!