[3830] ARRL FD W2FU 1B QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W2FU 1B QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 06:27:50 -0700

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  430     51      0  Total Score = 4,755

Club: Rochester (NY) DX Association

Comments:

1B-Battery from EN32

Early on, I changed the exchange message to send "IA" two times.  It didn't
help!

Very fun, and a long time since I've done anything like this.  If I had two
good batteries, I could have stayed on longer Sat nite, but needed battery
reserve in the morning.

I actually made at least one more CW 6 meter QSO, but forgot to log it in my
excitement about trying to work guys on 6.  Way too much time spent there
trying to DX with a 40 meter dipole and an HF tuner!  Don't know what I was
thinking working any SSB either, oh well, now I know.

The Beverages were wonderful in the summertime QRN out here, used them on 20
and lower.  I called lots of stations on 80, but of course, not very many could
copy me.

K3 - 5W
Vectronics Tuner

40 meter inverted vee ~ 30'
100' center fed inverted vee w/tuned feeder ~ 30'
SW and ESE short beverages

2 x 14AH batteries (one had shorted cell)- 15W solar cell

I think I will do this next year, maybe back here, maybe in WNY!

Jeff