[3830] IARU NN3W(@N3HBX) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, richnn3w@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] IARU NN3W(@N3HBX) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:46:56 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W, KD4D, N3HBX, K3MM, KE3X
Station: N3HBX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    27     0      7        6
   80:   108     0     17       27
   40:   434   173     29       40
   20:   789   586     42       47
   15:   261    55     25       34
   10:    52    11     12       10
-------------------------------------
Total:  1671   825    132      164  Total Score = 2,552,704

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks as always to John Evans N3HBX for opening up the Poolesville station.
Thanks also to Mark Bailey KD4D for getting all the computers and radios ready
just in time for zero hour.

Good contest with good activity.  Felt that 15 and 40 were worse than last
year; 80 and 160 were actually a bit better with reduced static interference.
20 was about the same.

We were about 300 QSOs down from last year.  Not sure why.  Hourly rates simply
were not as productive as last time.  Oh, multi-single in IARU is a MAJOR
headache.  Cannot tell you how many mults we had to leave on the table because
spending 10 minutes on a band change to nail those mults simply could not be
justified - especially true on marginal bands like 160 and 10 and during weaker
openings on the main bands.  Good single op should be able to come close to or
beat a multi-op here.