[3830] IARU DL1IAO(@DL0WW) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dl1iao@dl1iao.com
Subject: [3830] IARU DL1IAO(@DL0WW) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 14:35:19 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: DL1IAO
Operator(s): DL1IAO
Station: DL0WW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JN49FO
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

  160:    58     0      5       27
   80:   204    24     18       32
   40:   529    98     37       41
   20:   528   241     44       53
   15:   212    55     24       36
   10:    93    78     15       31
-------------------------------------
Total:  1624   496    143      220  Total Score = 2,304,324

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

IC756Pro3(INRAD) + Alpha87A
Idiom Press CMOS4, I-Mate

WT v3.23.0 on HP Omnibook XE3
Packet, Skimmer

(160) 27m shunt-fed tower, Mag-Loop (RX)
 (80) Bobtail (NW/SE), Delta Loop, DP @10m
 (40) 3el M2 Yagi @20m (linear-loaded), DP @10m
 (20) 5el M2 Yagi @27m
 (15) 5el Yagi @25m
 (10) 6el Yagi @24m (sharing tower with 40m)

The M/S category sounded like an interesting option as my 2R-setup is still
wired to the home station. Also it was fun to see all those spots coming in and
trying to work down the list whenever the run rate slowed down. Now, as I see
other scores, I think that the top M/S stations probably must have multiple
operating positions sharing one band. 4000 QSOs from EU, wow!

A broadbanded loud noise coming exactly from NW showed up early in the
afternoon and would stay until the end. The maximum was around 20m but still
audible on 15/40m. This almost completely wiped out any possible W/VE runs for
me. I could hear W/VE on 20m CW to some degree but it was frustrating to see
the S-meter swinging at around S5-7 whenever I turned the 20m 5el to NW. I had
to give up on phone early.

CU next time without Murphy!

73,

Stefan