[3830] IARU K2PO SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wycpublic@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K2PO SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 21:53:19 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K2PO
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Newberg, OR
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0      0      0       0
   80:  111      6     13       3
   40:  261     73     21      10
   20:  308    171     39      39
   15:  128     62     16      11
   10:   25     18      4       4
-------------------------------------
Total:  833    330     93      67  Total Score = 542,560

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Fun time - Iâ??d never before made 1000+ QSOs in 24 hours.  Credit due to new
yagis by K7ZSD and K7EM (and tower by K7PN), which replaced my traditional
dipoles/verticals (it only took 40+ years...).

20m was the money band.  15m was a bit of a disappointment â?" only heard two
Europeans (IO4HQ and DA0HQ - both longpath).  Never heard any European on 40m -
I'm thankful for the Asian stations who made up 78% of the 5-pointers on that
band.

Overall the log shows 13% Asians, 0.7% Africans (i.e., CN3A and EF8HQ), 10%
Europeans, 3% Oceania, 5% South Americans, and 68% North Americans.

I basically had no strategy, other than B.I.C. for 24 hours.  With the new
antennas, I was able to get extended runs going on SSB (as well as CW) - a
novel and gratifying experience.  But in hindsight, some of that time may have
been better spent searching for new mults.  Next year...

Glad to log lots of Willamette Valley DX Club members in the contest â?" in
addition to those WVDXC members enjoying the Northwestâ??s brief summertime at
K7ZSD.

73,

Bill, K2PO, near Portland, Oregon