[3830] NAQP RTTY VE3YF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Mike@ve3yf.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY VE3YF Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 03:52:04 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: VE3YF
Operator(s): VE3YF
Station: VE3YF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 6hrs

   80:
   40:   47    27
   20:  107    35
   15:    3     2
   10:
-------------------
Total:  157    64  Total Score = 10,048

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Team:

Comments:

Due to other commitments was only able to spend 6hrs.

I found 15 and 10 meters were pretty much non-existant, which I thought was
rather strange. The SFI were so so but still almost no activity from my QTH. 20
and 40 were hoping, unfortunately didn't have the chance to stick around to try
out 80.

A lot of the regulars were not to be found, must have been taking advantage of
nice weather etc.

I found one strange one though, W4HOD/0 worked on 20m and when I worked them on
40m the call had changed to W4HOD/O even though still from ND.

I worked both K7RE(Brian) and N1MGO(Bambi) to finish off the WAS Triple Play,
just waiting for their log upload to LOTW.

Thanks to everyone, it was a great way to spend 6hrs.

73 De Mike
VE3YF
I want to thank my team members - N5ZM, N5RN, NX8G and K4WW for being on the
team.  With the high bands being poor, I took my rest periods early.  20 was
good late into the night but I didn't stay there because I needed the mults on
80.

Thunderstorms in the first couple of hours did not force me to shut down. I
probably should have and dared Zeus to show his ugly head.  It was foolish,
but I just couldn't see shutting down 30 minutes into the contest.

Thanks to the few who I was able to move to different bands.  Biggest
disappointment was W4HOD/0 ND not hearing me on 80 meters.  And did you notice
they were sending "O" the letter "O" instead of zero "0" as in W4HOD/O instead
of W4HOD/0 ? hi ...  Wonder how many contacts got logged that way.  Stuff
happens I guess.

I am just thankful I was able to participate.  Thanks to everyone for the Q's.