[3830] NAQP RTTY NG7Z Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY NG7Z Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 04:57:08 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: NG7Z
Operator(s): NG7Z
Station: NG7Z

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   80:   38    11
   40:  112    38
   20:  250    49
   15:   13    11
   10:
-------------------
Total:  413   109  Total Score = 45,843

Club: REDMOND RADIO CLUB

Team: Marks in Space

Comments:

That was a ton of fun even with marginal results on 15M. While doing S&P on 20M,
I received several QSY requests from other SO2R ops on 20M who wanted me on 15M
but no go. Nothing much heard there. The Q's I had on 15M were the few I got
while running on 20M and looking for extra Q's on 15M. It wasn't until nearly
6pm local that 40M became somewhat useful. The QRN on 40M and 80M and static
crashes made even S-9 signals on those bands difficult to copy. Furthermore,
with my 40M beam inoperative, I had to use the 80M loop on that band with the
primary radio. I sure am looking forward to improved propagation on the high
bands to make the investment in SO2R equipment seem worthwhile. So far it's
been disappointing. 73 Paul NG7Z