[3830] CQWW VHF W4PK SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4PK@ARRL.NET
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF W4PK SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 14:35:01 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 9
Radios: SO2R

    6:  136    35
    2:   13     8
-------------------
Total:  149    86  Total Score = 15,228

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions the first day were poor but got better on Sunday afternoon.  As usual
the spots were of little help due to the nature of propagation on 6M.  For
example, VP5CW was spotted often on both days but I could not hear him nor
could I even hear stations working him.  Then he appeared at 20 over nine for a
few minutes on Sunday afternoon and I did manage to log him before he
disappeared again.  A C6 station also popped up to 20 over for a couple of
minutes but I was not able to get throuh the pileup before he disappeared.   I
also tried running a bit but again not much in the way of response.  My best
rate was 60/hr over a ten minute period.

So in summary it was a leisurely and fun experience and I do thank all of you
who took the time to work me!

73, Sam W4PK