[3830] NAQP RTTY K7IA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7iaham@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY K7IA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 15:07:53 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 9:46

   80:   31    21
   40:  137    41
   20:  270    48
   15:    1     1
   10:
-------------------
Total:  439   111  Total Score = 49,168

Club:

Team:

Comments:

I had more Qs this year than last but fewer mults.  Thanks, high bands!  I
checked 10 and 15 early and often.  Ten was always silent.  My first check of
15 yielded KH6GMP with a strong signal (worked him with the vertical), so I
thought it was just a question of time for 15 to open.  The clock is still
running on that idea...

I worked the first six hours straight and took my two hour break for supper and
R&R, allowing for sundown conditions to pass and for the East Coasties to make
their transitions to the low bands.  Then I spent the final four hours on 40
and 80, picking up mults.  40 was workable without much need for repeats, but
in the early evening, 80 was too noisy (and too unpopulated) for much op time.
In the final hour, 80 gave up a few handfulls of mults, but it was S&P all the
way.

It's always fun when the EUs call into a North American event.  None ever asked
me for a s/n, so guess I was 001 a number of times without knowing it.

Thanks for the Qs and for the great on the air manners!  Next stop: NAQP CW.
See you there!

73, dan