[3830] CQWW VHF ND0C SOSB/6 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF ND0C SOSB/6 QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 18:04:58 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: SOSB/6 QRP
QTH: EN23
Operating Time (hrs): 5

    6:  48     32
    2:
-------------------
Total:  48     32  Total Score = 1,536

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Limited time spent on the band and ran QRP as always.  Saturday was a complete
washout here in EN23 - only heard K0HA very weakly - via tropo I suppose.  I
didn't see anything being spotted either.  (I kind of like the allowance of
spotting use, or in my case, Sherlock - helps to know if I'm wasting my time
even listening, especially with QRP on my end.  If there's no red on the map, I
just as well go work outside!)  Sunday was OK, but very spotty and the QSB was
nasty.  It seemed like the Es just wasn't extending this far northwest on any
consistent basis.  I did have 2 or 3 short runs, but they died out quickly.  Oh
well - that's six meters!

Station: Yaesu FT897D at 5 watts to M2 6M5X 5 el Yagi at 55'

73,
Randy, ND0C