[3830] NCCC Sprint W1NN(@WA6URY) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint W1NN(@WA6URY) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 20:10:23 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jul 22

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: WA6URY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LAX Area
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  19     12
   15:  12      6
   10:
-------------------
Total:  31     18  Total Score = 558

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

What fun: My first NS via remote, with me in Ohio using Dan WA6URY's station in
the LAX area.  I Did better than I expected thanks to great condx on both 15
and 20.  Dan has no 40 meter antenna available now so I was stuck on the high
bands, but I was kept busy until the last 5 minutes.  Happy to run into W6JTI
with about 4 minutes to go.

I used the K7SS approach logging on paper and sending by hand.  It's been a
while since I had to send while holding a pencil!  I felt a little rough in
spots.  I wrote my exchange on a big piece of paper so I wouldn't send "OH" as
my QTH.  Hope I didn't goof up too many times.

I realize now that the TS-480 has very poor selectivity and sometimes it was
very hard to pick out calls in the QRM but this is the easiest rig to remote,
so I'm stuck with it for a while.

Will probably be back from the home station next week.

73,  Hal W1NN