[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, post3832@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 20:50:50 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Aug 5

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:   3      2
   40:  21     14
   20:  28     17
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  52     33  Total Score = 1,716

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Back from KL7 - what an experience!  Got on 2 weeks ago from Point Lay as
K6VVA/AL4 but couldn't hear squat in the NS.  I was getting out, because a loud
OE3 called me on SSB a bit later during our demonstration at the Village
Comomunity Center.  Too tired the next Thursday night when we got back to
Barrow and was feeding my facing at a Chinese Buffet next door during the NS.

I major QLF'd tonight and didn't realize 15m was on the game board.  Found out
later on the post-NS NCCC 3610 Net.  That explained why there were very few
signals on 20m the first 10 minutes.  DUH!  Lots of mults lost in that deal.

Glad N6RO escaped the big fire.  Several years ago a nasty one came within
1,000 of my home QTH.

Tnx to all those who worked Mike/K9AJ and I at IOTA NA-242. I worked 20m only
and Mike did 30m & 17m.  We hired two bear guards to be with us on the Island,
but fortunately no encounters of the close kind. QSL via N6AWD.  We ended up
with 3,860 Q's and then solar condx closed us down.

Check out our IOTA NA-242 'Station Tour' video via the link on the
http://www.k6vva.com/iota/na242/pixstats.html page :^)

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust