[3830] NAQP CW AA8IA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa8ia@aa8ia.org
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW AA8IA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 21:11:18 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Toronto OH EN90ql
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   69    34
   20:  108    40
   15:   84    26
   10:   25    10
-------------------
Total:  286   110  Total Score = 31,460

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: MRRC/NCC #1

Comments:

Started on time.   Waited all day for the forecasted T-storms to arrive.   Heard
a hint of thunder so I shut things down, unplugged, and lowered the mast.   Go
figure -- nearly three hours later and the thunderstorms have just arrived.

What a failure, thanks to me counting on WX forecasts.   I certainly was in the
mood to do more.    Looking over my yield last August, I played the whole ten
hours and had 70 more Qs.   Had I not bailed prematurely this time around, I
would have improved my score significantly over last year.  Can't wait for
summer to be over.

20m was more productive this year.  I went to 40m too late and bailed too
early.  Never made it to 80m, which is usually my most productive band.  10m
was about the same as last year, and 15m was significantly better.  I spent too
much time S&Ping. Missed 9 states and 8 provinces.

Thanks to everyone who worked me, especially the one or two stations I managed
on 10-40m.