[3830] NAQP CW K8BL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8BL@ameritech.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K8BL Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 08:34:57 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K8BL
Operator(s): K8BL
Station: K8BL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 11.1

  160:    0     0
   80:  176    39
   40:  236    49
   20:  275    48
   15:   87    31
   10:    5     5
-------------------
Total:  779   172  Total Score = 133,988

Club: North Coast Contesters

Team: MRRC/NCC #2

Comments:

Started out with a Senior Moment by sending S/N & State. DUH!! Quickly
corrected it after a couple Q's when guys kept asking for my name! DBL-DUH!!!

Condx were very strange with short skip predominant on the higher bands. Was
hearing stations in the 5-700 mile range booming in from numerous directions,
but the folks in CO and beyond were barely in there. The signal levels were
so much different that I started fiddling around with the radio as if there
was
something wrong with my AGC! I'd strain to hear a 6 and then a 2 would blow
my ears off. Didn't make a big difference where I pointed the beam, so I left
it due West almost all the time.

40 and 80 were a little better, but the QRN was pretty bad most of the time. I
had to ask for resends on too many Q's. 6's and 7's were still mostly in the
mud.

The Contest is interesting from the standpoint that you run into a lot of
names that you never heard before. You really had to be on your toes to copy
some of them correctly the first time. And, even when you did, you looked at
them and thought "Really??". Challenging & lots of fun!