[3830] NAQP CW K0EU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K0EU Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 09:13:25 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   34    18
   80:   96    35
   40:  253    48
   20:  404    48
   15:   70    22
   10:   13     6
-------------------
Total:  870   177  Total Score = 156,600

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: Gold Miners

Comments:

What a difference a year makes.  This year's score is only 65 percent of last
years.  With 10 and 15 barely open, SO2R wasn't all that productive while
running on 20M. Seemed like I had to pay full attention to the second radio for
short periods of multiplier hunting to be successful with the short-lived
sporadic E. Noisy low bands and less than spectacular rates on 40M spelled
trouble later on.

Unless I missed a miracle opening during off times, 15 and 10 meters were never
very open from Colorado.  Had one taste of east coast prop on 15 meters when
N1KWF in NH popped through briefly.  Other than that, it was one hop sporadic
E.

Still, there were a few bright spots.  Mainly attempts to pass multipliers that
actually worked.  Thanks W0UO, WQ5L, N0SXX (passed from 40 to 80 to 160 in broad
daylight), and W7KF who called me on 160 with a minute or so to go and agreed to
move to 80 for one last mult.  I kept tuning for the big N9RV signal on 80 and
160 but never found it!

Got the new P3 for my K3 on Thursday.  The bandscope is real helpful in finding
signals when the band is mostly empty.  Also, finally got the K9AY RAS-8x2
switch hooked up to three reversible beverages.  I works great and makes it
easy to share beverages between the two radios.

Looking forward to the next one.  Hope the noise is down and the prop on 10 and
15 comes back!

73
Randy (aka Ken) K0EU