[3830] NAQP CW W6ONV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6onv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W6ONV Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 11:45:37 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W6ONV
Operator(s): W6ONV
Station: W6ONV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oakley, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:    0     0
   80:    8     5
   40:   42    22
   20:  135    45
   15:   24    10
   10:   16     7
-------------------
Total:  225    89  Total Score = 20,025

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #3

Comments:

I had hoped for a full 10 hour effort, but planned on 8 hours realistically due
to family priorities. First time in awhile I remember working 5 bands (no 160M)
in a contest and if I would have stuck around until later probably would have
added a few ops on all 5 bands.

Conditions were not great from my QTH with 20M being my "money band" for the
contest. 15M just never seemed to materialize into much. I continued checking
through out most of the contest and would pick up a few mults here and there
but nothing was sustained.

I will consider myself lucky as I seemed to be at the window on 10M when it
opened. While 16 QSO is not overly impressive, I was pleased to get into the
East Coast and Midwest while it was open.

As for 40M, it was noisy and took a lot of work on my part to get a signal out.
Not sure if I am having more issues with the station, but my power seemed really
low, but I was still able to answer many calls. Something I need to look into.

I didn't stick around long enough for 80M, I got the few QSOs I needed to meet
my goal of 225 QSOs and called it a day at just over 8 hours. All my activity
was S&P. One of these days I will be a fine CW operators like so many out there
will run a frequency instead of play S&P. Also something I noted (again), STU is
not the best name to use it seems. I received many requests for a fill on the
name.

FT1000MP, 5-band hex beam @ 40', SteppIR BigIR (80m coil)

For a complete rundown on this NAQP visit www.the6thfloor.com.
Thanks to everyone for the Qs!