[3830] NAQP CW W1WBB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W1WBB Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 20:08:18 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   19    14
   80:   65    25
   40:  111    40
   20:  146    35
   15:   73    26
   10:   28    15
-------------------
Total:  442   155  Total Score = 68,510

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Propagation, even with the late week's solar storms, turned out to be not so
bad...but the QRN from regional thunderstorms WAS!  Deep QSB on the upper bands
at times (like 160m in winter) did require additional repeats compared to usual,
esp. 20m.  Very good Q/mult #'s for me in NAQP on 15m & 10m though.

A fairly new low-level noise source around here (often on, occasionally off)
affects all bands and puts those stations formerly just at/slightly above the
noise level now down in it ;^((  ...sorry to those callers who I just could not
pull out.

Favorite rare mult worked was VO2 (twice!).  Thanks to local WA1BXY for giving
me my only "own" mult.  K5GO, N2WN, and N0NI (great ears on 160m in IA) were
the only 5-banders.  I did honor requests for moving mults to other bands while
I was in S&P mode, to good success.  States not in log at all:  ID, ND, SD, NE,
WV, neighbor CT (huh!!) and KL7 + KH6 (/KH6 stn was heard faintly S&P on 40m).

My highest QSO and mult count to date in NAQP-CW, but with a little more
op-time than in previous 3 efforts.  Thanks to all for the Q's...will upload
shortly to LoTW.  Did get 2 new ones on 15m for 5BWAS.

73, Bill  W1WBB