[3830] WAE CW T6MO(K9GY) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW T6MO(K9GY) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 04:45:50 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: T6MO
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: T6MO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MM44
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   80:
   40:  205    30    33
   20:  129    70    31
   15:  325   470    41
   10:   64    70    20
-------------------------
Total:  723   640   125  Total Score = 382,616

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Didn't have any real QSO goals for this one...Just wanted to get on and have
some fun. That was accomplished.

Somewhat solved my 40/20m noise problem by having both the DSP DNR (on) and IPO
(off) on the FT-857D. Helped a lot in reducing the S8-9 QRN. So 40/20m are now
enjoyable to operate (look for me to be more active at local night times).

Thanks to VE7CC for the QSO at 1645z on 20m. That's a good long haul from here!
The W3LPL RBN even heard me once during the contest. For some reason 20m wasn't
as productive as I had hoped for. 15m was great! Glad to get some 10m Qs
(almost all on the 2nd day).

Being east of EU forces you to 20m (from 15m) while waiting for EU sunset
(40m). That's usually not an issue in the States, hah! Speaking of which the
contest starts at 4:30am here Sat a.m. and ends at 4:30am Monday (also a
different mindset than USA - first/second nights on 40m happen later). Thus the
reason for so many unsent QTCs...couldn't get rid of them on 40m.

Murphy still infects my USB computer to radio interface on 40/20m so sent QSO
info with keyer on those bands. Limited A/C in the shack this weekend kept the
power supply and radio fans going. Computer froze up when sending QTC to 4O3A
so had to recreate his and DL5YYM QTC but hopefully log checkers will
understand. Only freeze up of WriteLog the whole contest. Did keep hitting the
save button more often after that happened.

I've always wanted to do WAE CW from just outside of EU...this was my chance.
It was fun. Thanks to all for calling. Hopefully CU in RDA this weekend.

Log update to ARRL LoTW and ClubLog will happen this week. QSL-K9GY

Best of health to all,
Eric