[3830] WAE CW K1LT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW K1LT Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 06:41:11 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:   35    10    17
   40:  107   141    31
   20:  238   220    37
   15:  231   236    35
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  611   607   120  Total Score = 370,575

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This year I split my time between the contest and trying to improve my
160 meter phased array.  Missed the contest last year during my tower
project.  Using the X7 I beat my previous best score from 2009.

Gave extra attention to 80 meters looking for new countries for LoTW
DXCC.  However, the QRN was fearfully bad, so I didn't CQ very much.
Too many callers that I just could not hear.

Had a blast running stations on 15 and 20.  If conditions were bad,
I'm waiting to be amazed by good conditions.  Writelog needs an extra
"QSL QRZ" button so I can program it to say "NO" when the station I
just worked asks for QTCs when 10 others are waiting to work me.

Thanks for the QSOs!

Equipment: K3, ETO 91B (as always, thanks, Jeff), Cushcraft X7 at 60
feet, ground mounted vertical on 40, 65 foot "tee" on 160 with 3 wires
for 80 arranged in a "cage" around the "tee", and 10 of 12 Beverages
(2 are still buried by a rather large fallen tree).