[3830] OhQP DL2HBX(@DF9LJ) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dl2hbx@gmx.de
Subject: [3830] OhQP DL2HBX(@DF9LJ) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 07:00:11 -0700
                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: DL2HBX
Operator(s): DL2HBX
Station: DF9LJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: DX
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:    4
   40:   68     14
   20:   54     71
   15:   12      2
   10:
--------------------
Total:  138     87  CW Mults = 57  Ph Mults = 51  Total Score = 39,204

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Ten-Tec Orion II + Alpha
Optibeam 17-4 @ 60ft, 80m wire vertical

Another very enjoyable Ohio QSO Party from DF9LJ's place. Aside from several
crashes of N1MM and a small break for a thunderstorm passing through, there
were no major problems. Conditions were decent with 15m being wide open for the
first three hours but only a few stations to work there. 20m provided QSOs until
after 23z when 40m opened up. The RTTY contest around 7045 did not help but most
Ohio stations figured that out and moved down to around 7035. Poor DX conditions
on 80m where most signals were in the noise and I had a hard time being heard.
The hourly rates were steady, ranging between 13 (01z to 02z) and 24 (21z-22z).

I focused a lot more on moving stations from CW to SSB this year and it paid
off with 39 more QSOs and 12 more multiplies than 2010 even though I worked
fewer different counties (68 vs 76 in 2010). The claimed score is up some 20
percent. Thanks to everyone who moved, in particular to WB8JUI who QSYed three
times until we could complete the SSB QSO with SENE for a new multiplier.
K8MR's speed of handling moves from CW to SSB is amazing and not surprisingly,
Jim tops my list of most worked stations:
26 K8MR
10 W1NN
8 WB8JUI
7 AE8M, W9MSE
5 K8AZ, K9NW, N8BJQ
4 K8RYU and many others

Many thanks to my host, Joerg, DF9LJ for allowing me to use his fine station
again.

73! Uli, DL2HBX