[3830] OhQP KW8N Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kw8n@aol.com
Subject: [3830] OhQP KW8N Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 19:04:32 -0700
                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: KW8N
Operator(s): KW8N
Station: KW8N

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LORAIN
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

   80:   47    111
   40:  162    370
   20:   79     77
   15:    0     28
   10:
--------------------
Total:  288    586  CW Mults = 98  Ph Mults = 126  Total Score = 260,288

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Got most of the antenna projects completed, well enough to participate.  But
lots of equipment and in the shack issues.  Got things at least workable in
time to start, but the rig I was using on 40 meters had some serious receiver
issues.  So swapped it out during the contest.

Made my usual disproportionate amount of SSB vs CW.  So the total score is not
so great.

The 40 meter short-skip pretty much all 12 hours made it great for working Ohio
stations, especially the mobiles and rover.  But there was also a considerable
amount of fixed station folks from a variety of counties.  Looks like I got 79
of the 88.  And many of those that were missed were available.  Just didn't get
to the spotted frequencies quick enough.

Seems like there was considerable activity within Ohio from a lot of the