[3830] TnQP N2WN SO FixedMixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TnQP N2WN SO FixedMixed QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 06:08:48 -0700
                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: SO FixedMixed QRP
QTH: Grainger Co., TN
Operating Time (hrs): 6:59

  160:   21                    17
   80:   76                    44
   40:   99     18      1      60
   20:   70     11             41
   15:   23                    15
   10:    7                     5
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:  296     29      1     182  Total Score = 173,218

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

First, thanks to everyone who showed up, I know it was a challenging weather
situation across the US.

Second, although it probably weighs much more in my mind, I missed the New
England, New York and New Jersey folks. Hopefully this was due to current
storms, versus damage from Irene. It's difficult to see storm damage that
appears to have put the 1938 event to shame...

OK, back to the QP.

Well conditions were definitely different, mostly good, 15 and 10 were active,
yeah! The expected t-storms did not materialize here, rained but overall not
horrible QRN crashes. The bands seemed to favor short hops too, worked more
in-state stuff than I expected. Many new calls, which is always nice.

Fewer QSOs this year, but more multipliers thanks to 15 and 10. A few 6 band
"sweeps" too: WB8JUI, N8NA (new 10m state fer me) and Mr. Speedy Gonzales
himself, K4RO. Kirk worked me on all 6 bands inside of 5 minutes (didn't even
bother changing antennas on some bands). This is kinda unusual as we can't
always hear each other on some bands. Several "almosts" included AA3B and K9NW
(both missed on 160?!?) and N8II on 40 of all places (thanks for the new state
on 10 Jeff!) Was happy to work several in-state folks on multiple bands
including NA4K and fellow QRPer NB4M...

Great work by the mobiles with W4SIG sounding like they had the gnarliest
pileups on 40. W4NZ, N4ZZ, AD8J, WB4CHH made the log, wish there were more Qs,
but happy with what I had. Definitely need a second radio.

The lone RTTY QSO was with WB4YDL. Tried calling a few times, but no go. Band
hopping cut down on time for RTTY and SSB too.

I moved a few and moved when asked most of the time. Not much DX, pointed to EU
a number of times, but the bands didn't seem to want to yield much.

Bigger score, hopefully log checking will be kind. a number of dupes worked,
which makes me wonder if I was on top of another station at times.

Best wishes to all and see you in the 'tests!

72,
Jules
n2wn

Elecraft K3