[3830] TnQP N8II SO FixedMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@AOL.COM
Subject: [3830] TnQP N8II SO FixedMixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 05:52:36 -0700
                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO FixedMixed HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:    7      1              7
   80:   24      4             23
   40:   73     34             61
   20:   59     22             55
   15:   12      6             10
   10:    9     14             14
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:  184     81      0     170  Total Score = 121,440

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First of all, I hope everyone down there is dry, safe, and not flooded out. My
brother Bill lives in Lookout Mountain in Hamilton County and reported over 10
inches of rain in places around there with some roads flooded Monday/Tues AM.
The turnout from HAMI was great in TNQP, 30 QSO's logged!

It started out being the worst of times, then at 2040Z, it was the best of
times thanks to a rare September Es opening. Then, the last couple of hours
were a bit slow and rough too. The QRN level was quite high here the whole time
with storms only 15-30 miles west of me for hours. Fortunately, they held off
until just past the end at 0315Z; I wasn't very optimistic that the storms
wouldn't force me to stop. The good news was that I was able to copy W4NZ and
N4ZZ on 20M backscatter. though they were sending just a bit too fast to copy
the counties well. Activity when 15 and 10 opened was far less than what it
should have been; a lot of mults were missed by TN stations including the
mobiles. Condx couldn't have been better up there working KS4X/QRP and WA4JA
running 20W to an indoor dipole. Quite a few of my 10 and 15M Q's were moves
from 20, but I was actually able to run a fe on 10M phone. I'd guess my totals
on 10 were a record. 20 was still open well past dark here, but the activity
moved down bands sooner than it needed too. W4NZ and N4ZZ were tough copy here
on 80 until around 0145Z; AD8J with his KW was much louder on 80, but never did
catch him anywhere on phone. KJ4BIX/M and The number of mobiles was down from
usual; thanks to those who braved the rain and I understand those who didn't,
safety first. I took a hour off in bits here and there, had trouble with noise
and poor prop, and was chasing the high band mults, so could have done better
with the mobile Q's. Thanks so much to the W4NZ and N4ZZ teams for continuous
new Q's and to full timer Kerry, W4SIG who ran a unique route (Kerry was loud
on 20 the whole time when no one else was!), John, AD8J, KJ4BIX, W4Q, W4OQP,
and N4BBB. Hopefully, but doubtfully the Es will return next year and the Wx
will be sunny and cool.

73, Jeff N8II