[3830] NA Sprint CW NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 21:26:54 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   16
   40:   77
   20:   65
---------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

I was feeling slow and tired, but I needed SO2R
practice, so I  just moseyed along handing out
contacts. Surprisingly, I matched my score from
February, even though September is usually worse
when QRP.

20m was really poor up here in WA. Signals very
weak compared to the Thursday night NCCC Sprint.

I also saw again how Sprint CW brings out the big
amps, key clicks, and QRMers who don't listen
before jumping on any frequency with a CQ.

But at least its a Sprint format, which is fun.

40m was fluttery and noisy, and people were going
too fast for the QRN and noise on this end, which
made it difficult, but there was nobody left on 20m.

80m was finally workable a half-hour after sunset
03z, and gave me a chance to test the 80m loop. I
worked as far as SC TN and GA - so working good!

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

20m: C-31XR at 71ft
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft
80m: Delta Loop from 70 ft.
Yaesu FT-1000MP turned down to 5 watts
Writelog software and W5XD multikeyer

QSO by hour and band.
          80M     40M     20M    Total   Cumm
0000Z    ---+-      8      32       40     40
0100Z       -       7      28       35     75
0200Z       -      39       5       44    119
0300Z      16      23       -       39    158
Total:     16      77      65