[3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N3BB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 08:23:18 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0
Radios: SO2R

   80:   88
   40:  147
   20:  129
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Heatwave 1

Comments:

We might have been close to the geographical propagation sweet spot last night.
The bands were good. I tried to milk the most out of 20, and the band never did
go dead. 40 went better, worse, and then better. In and out. Strange. 80 opened
late, and some signals were so weak on the beverages that I really had to
strain.

Got beat out to the first three jumpballs on 20, but then settled down and had
a good first hour.

The splits were 110,98,85,and a weak 74 to end it. That totals three more than
the 367, but includes three dupes. It seemed many stations were calling after
we had worked. Not sure why.

Worked all the mults heard. Was sweating RI and WY, as kept being on the wrong
side, but got both toward the end. Was very pleased to work KL8C in AK as well
as got a really low number from K3LR in OK and from N5DX and N5NTT in AR. Also
one station only on in several states, to thanks to the guys in CT/MS/KY/ID/SD
etc. I'm sure I'm leaving out some, but the participation is appreciated.

I sure did try for accuracy. Must have asked twenty or thirty stns for number
repeats. Tnx for the patience. I always think I'm accurate, then get slammed
with my errors, but really really gave it my best this time.

I apologize to Tree for QRM at least once, maybe twice. Very sorry.

We had two full teams from Heatwave Land, and most got on. That helped and
there were some new "players" who hopefully will come back.

The Thursday NS sessions are such a great help.

It's a thrill to get on and let it rip. So many excellent oprs. I ran this at
38 wpm for the first two hours, and moved to 35 wpm for the last two, most of
the time. Went to 32 occasionally, and down to 26 for a few who asked for QRS.
Glad to do it.

Thanks to all. Such a fantastic operating event.

Jim N3BB