[3830] ARRL Sep VHF AB1OD Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF AB1OD Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 18:05:38 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  17     10  Total Score = 190

Club:

Comments:

Don't laugh.  No beams here -- just a 6 meter dipole and may regular 2/70
J-pole, operating from a topographic hole in the ground.  I'm amazed that I was
able to hear and work as many stations as I did.

Sadly, I wasn't able to work the one station I heard on 222 FM.  Considering
that he was operating on a mountaintop 50 miles away, and I could only respond
with a 4 watt HT, this isn't terribly surprising.

Spent much of the weekend getting caught up on work.  Found that tuning around
6, 144, and 432 while queries run is a good way to balance work and play on a
weekend day.  Let N1MM call CQ in CW on 2m and 432 while I worked -- didn't
have to worry much about getting too many stations coming back.