[3830] NA Sprint CW KM7W(KL9A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW KM7W(KL9A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 18:09:58 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: KM7W
Operator(s): KL9A
Station: KM7W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Bonners Ferry, ID
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   44
   40:   85
   20:   83
---------------------

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Portable operation.

Spiderbeam, HF6V (40m) and 80m inverted vee up in a tree.  FT1000MP Mk V and
FT897.

Great fun!  A very hodge podge SO2R setup, but it worked...sometimes.

A large mountain just a few miles away covering up the whole USA, which is
always a pain when operating here.  Great shot to EU, but too bad the sun
didn't cooperate for WAE!

The goal is always 300 when LP, which I have never done.  Reasonable goal was
250, but after 15 minutes I knew that was going to be nearly impossible for my
sprint skillz!  Can't remember the last time I got beat out so much on 20m by
stations I couldn't hear.  Never had enough oomph on 40m, but I felt decently
loud on 80m towards the end.

Hope everyone worked ID, that was the main goal.  Congrats to the usual big
scorers!

-Chris KL9A