[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1WHS Limited Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1WHS Limited Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 07:12:34 -0700
                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: K1WHS
Operator(s): K9PW, AA9D, K0DI, N1JFU, WW1M, K0ZK
Station: K1WHS

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN43MJ
Operating Time (hrs): 30

    6:  348    65
    2:  294    49
  222:   88    31
  432:  143    31
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  876   176  Total Score = 194,304

Club:

Comments:

Sept. VHF was a last minute exercise here, as we had no computers set up or
checked out,and it took from 8:30 AM Saturday until 2 PM to get everything
going well enough to start. I made the comment that if it was 1958, we would
have been ready at 8:30 but these darn computers make you pull your hair out in
clumps! Our server conked out. We actually lost our 144 MHz digi mode laptop. We
never found it either!!
Equipment problems forced us off the higher bands so we went with the bottom
four as a limited multi for the first time. Conditions seemed normal. There was
no enhancement to speak of, but some good contacts were made. At times the band
would peak up and signals would be great. KO4YC called me on 144 with S8
signals on SSB from about 550 miles. We also easily worked on 432. W4IY in FM08
was worked on all four bands, which were nice QSOs. Conditions were pretty good
to the west as well. KE3HT/R in FN01 worked us on all four as I recall too. The
meteors at night were fun and our completion percentage was higher than normal.
We did not run as many skeds as normal and had several hours of downtime.
Activity to our north and northeast was very sparse and we missed many grids in
those directions. I am not complaining however. It was a great weekend with
great weather and great ops to enjoy each other's company. Thanks to AA9D,
K9PW, and K0DI who travelled far to be here. Thanks also to K1BX who beat up
the six meter band most of the weekend even with a broken leg and crutches!
N1JFU, WW1M, and K0ZK made up the local contingent and helped out immensely. I
even got some time to  start raising my new 10 meter tower. It is now 40 ft
tall with the first set of guys attached. Only three more sections to go!
73
Dave K1WHS (who made about 15 QSOs too!)