[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1TEO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa2teo@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1TEO Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 07:31:39 -0700
                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CT/FN31
Operating Time (hrs): 27.5

    6:  176    40
    2:  289    48
  222:  112    38
  432:  137    36
  903:   57    27
  1.2:   63    27
  2.3:   38    21
  3.4:   28    18
  5.7:   19    14
  10G:   12     7
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  931   276  Total Score = 472,236

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

After having major equipment problems on most bands in June I regrouped and got
most of the station back up and operating normally over the summer. Thankfully
nothing major broke this contest so it was a lot more enjoyable. Still need to
work on 2M and 432 as they seem not be working quite right.

I didn't notice any band enhancement at all other than some very local stuff on
Sunday morning. I never heard any aurora on Saturday though a station to the
north of me mentioned they were working some DX. I'm still not sure if it was
in there at my qth and I missed it or if it was only workable from further
north. Since I will be doing the QST writeup on the contest I would be
interested to hear from anyone who worked aurora during the contest.

Much of the action this time around was from the rovers, especially those with
large numbers of bands. As they say, thank goodness for the rovers. They sure
make it a lot more fun and interesting. This time around I had good luck with
then as they accounted for over 27% of my qso's and many new grid
multipliers.Tnx guys!

I really liked WA2FGK's note to 3830 about getting on year after year and still
enjoying it. And, getting a chance to say hi to friends you've often never met
in person but "see" year after year. Tnx guys and hope to do it again next
time!

73,

Jeff K1TEO