[3830] TxQP ND0C Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] TxQP ND0C Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 14:24:36 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

  160:
   80:
   40:    3      2
   20:   52     28
   15:           3
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   55     33      0  Mults = 55  Total Score = 14,205

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I had very limited time to operate due to a business trip and other family
commitments, but wanted to get on and play a little and warm up for CQP next
weekend.
The mobiles did a great job, but I didn't hear as many fixed stations on as I
would have expected.  I usually have decent propagation to Texas from hear
which helps to make up for the fact that I was using my normal 5 watts.  I did
feel fairly loud until Sunday afternoon when I struggled to get CW contacts!
All-in-all I really had fun for the 3 1/2 hours I was on.

Station: Yaesu FT897-D running 5 watts out to Wilson three element tri-bander
at 48 feet and an inverted vee at 45 feet.

73,
Randy, ND0C

"You don't have to be crazy to contest with QRP ... but it helps!"