[3830] CQ WW RTTY K1LT SOSB(A)/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K1LT SOSB(A)/10 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 19:16:16 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: EM89ps
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:   51   103      16       11    23
   40:
   20:
   15:    8    16       3        6     6
   10: 1073  2837      40       86    28
Total: 1132  2956      59      115    45  Total Score = 647,364

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The plan for this contest was to work band countries on 10 and 80
meters, and operate the other bands if I got bored with 80 and 10.  80
seemed to be about the same as the last couple of years, but 10 was a
little better.  Ha!  Last time I was able to work the world on 10
meters was in the 1972 ARRL DX contest!  (Note that I missed a couple
of sunspot cycles between then and now).

Prior to the contest I made a list of countries not confirmed on 80
and 1- that I though should be reasonably easy to work.  The 80 meter
list had 33 entities and the 10 meter list had 46 entities.  I worked
2 new 80 meter entities, and all but 7 of my 46 10 meter entities.

If most of those new 10 meter entities confirm via LoTW, then I can
apply for 5BDXCC.  Lets hope.  They say RTTY operators are pretty good
at confirming contacts.

Took a few hours off in the middle of Saturday to repair my 30/210
degree Beverage and repair the 30 meter vertical.

Had a blast running Europeans most of both days.  Had a couple of
short JA runs on 10, including about a dozen JAs in the last 30
minutes of the contest.  The surprise multiplier was FR4NT, Reunion.

The 10 meter single band score is 436,898.

Equipment: K3, ETO 91B (thanks, Jeff), X7 at 60 feet, verticals for 40
and 80, Beverages, both kinds.