[3830] CQ WW RTTY ST2AR(S53R) SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY ST2AR(S53R) SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 22:19:53 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: ST2AR
Operator(s): S53R
Station: ST2AR

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Khartoum
Operating Time (hrs): 35

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
Total: 1966  5885      55      96    32  Total Score = 1,076,955

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

All in all very good â?" with plenty of room for improvement! I set my mind at
beating last yearâ??s LP2F score which happened already at 13:34 Sunday
afternoon and ended up with breaking the record by a hefty margin. Iâ??m sure
there will be many record breaking scores this year.

Having said that, apologies to all that I, radio and the MMTTY could not copy.
My old IC746PRO has a completely defunct receiver that could not be fixed in
several attempts and needs urgent replacement. The RX level drops abruptly and
in random pattern for most of the time in the range of 20-30dB and the weak
ones just donâ??t make it through.  But will have to survive with it until the
import paperwork for a new radio is approved.

With conditions generally being excellent in this area, band being opened
nearly round the clock, a surprise came this morning when I was checking the
country statistics. JA! I knew I only did work a few, but with nearly 2000 QSO
in the log, 25 JA is difficult to understand?! This is an easy, although a
rather long path from here and hundreds are usually worked in any contest, let
alone running pile-ups in any mode. I kept on turning the antenna in that
direction but endless CQs did not produce much of a result.

My head still is buzzing from all the diddle, but it was a great, action packed
weekend!

73 Robert, ST2AR / S53R