[3830] CQ WW RTTY VE6WQ(@VE6JY) SOSB(A)/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joel.weiner@ualberta.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VE6WQ(@VE6JY) SOSB(A)/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 07:53:27 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VE6WQ
Operator(s): VE6WQ
Station: VE6JY

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: Alberta
Operating Time (hrs): 36

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1344  3558      53      98    34
   10:
Total: 1344  3558      53      98    34  Total Score = 658,230

Club:

Comments:

Its been a long, long time since 15m was this good up here in northern Alberta.
With the flux at 190 on Sunday made for great openings in all directions. The
band was basically open 24hr. If only we didn't have to compete with east coast
during the day and if the Europeans would listen for NA at night we could be a
lot more competitive.
Some interesting sidelights. At 0940 on Saturday morning the band was filled
with Eu. At 0941 not a signal to be heard. Checking later revealed a X flare
and we had a total radio blackout. On Sunday morning at 1100z could only hear
zone 33 stations, all well above S9, but nothing further north.
Started the contest an hour late as heavy traffic delayed getting out to Don's
QTH. Then we had computer interface problems and it took over an hour to get
everything communicating correctly.
Equipment ICOM 756, Alpha 77 and 6 element stack 6/6/6/6
As always Don was a great host.